Dermatology Nursing Basics
Skin Essentials is a full day course introducing the clinician to the basic elements of dermatology nursing, providing a framework supportive of Australian nursing standards and global current dermatology best practice. This information is suitable and important for clinicians employed across varied settings and for nurses transitioning into the specialty.
A certificate will be provided, enabling contact hours to be added to your portfolio.
Areas covered include:
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Skin assessment and history collection
- Topical treatments and their application
- Diagnostic tests
- Common conditions including acne, atopic dermatitis and psoriasis
- Psychological impact of skin conditions
- This day provides valuable information to upgrade knowledge and clinical practice